The Native Health Initiative (NHI) was created in 2005 as a partnership between health profession students and Indigenous communities to address health inequities, using the framework of health equity and loving service to guide our work. The partnership began in North Carolina, now primarily in New Mexico.
The Gratitude Run was a simple idea - bring together community for exercise on Thanksgiving It is based on 4 F’s – FREE + FUN + FAMILY + FITNESS.
Thank you for making GR the largest Thanksgiving run/walk in NM since 2018!!
- Over 1,000 individuals registered!
- A BIG thank you for doubling our $5000 goal in fundraising for NHI as we raised $10,000!!!
- 3 truckloads of donations (food, clothing, hygiene items) will be split between Navajo Nation, First Choice Community Health and ABQ Mutual Aid!!
Presbyterian Community Health
Americans for Indian Opportunity
We invite you to join the Love Movement:
- Become a participant of our NHI Programs
- Volunteer with our organization
- Become a Health Partner
- Join our listserve
- Sustain our programs and community outreach, DONATE Today!
NHI social activities and in-person gathering/meetings will resume. Please look out protocols of each event/gathering. . Any questions or concerns, can be directed to Shannon Fleg at 505-340-5656
If you would like weekly gratitude reminders and tips, subscribe to our famous Love-letter where you can receive updates and inspiration. We can take this time to slow down and be grateful for what is around us. We can all fight this together by doing our part to keep ourselves and others safe.
Sign up to hear from us about internships, volunteer opportunities, and events.